The Paimpol-Bréhat tidal demonstration site is located in French Brittany, North East of the Ile de Bréhat.
- Coordinates : 48°54.5815′ N ; 2°53.44897′ O
- Consented area : 3.5 ha
Real ocean conditions
- Water depth: 35 – 40 m LAT
- Tidal range: -26 m LAT and -42 m LAT
- Wave height (Hs): 8-9 m
- Maximum depth-average velocity over the test site in m/s:
- Exceptional spring tide : [2.4 : 3.1]
- Medium spring tide : [2.1 : 2.8]
- Neap tide : [1.1 : 1.5]
- Rocky seabed
- Strong biofouling activity for severe environment testing
Connected to the French national grid
- Up to 2.5 MW
- DC power export – 15 km of cable
- 8MW, 360A
- Max 8 f.o.
From 2023, three-phase alernative current grid connection – drymate system
Live tides data
Download the technical documentation!
We provide you with free instructions and details of the test site: history and location of the site, environmental data, consenting & administrative requirements, electrical connection details.